[StBernard] Mardi Gras day shooting and crowd reaction

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 26 09:21:31 EST 2009

John, if it was mainly NOLA residents from certain areas, it was no big
deal. They are inured to the violence. Step over the body and keep
shouting "throw me something mistah!"

JY

In the Times-Picayune story on the Mardi Gras day shooting on St.
Charles
Avenue, the story states: "...Many people watching the parade on
the
neutral ground kept waiting for beads and other trinkets being
tossed from
the floats as if nothing had happened. "There was an ambulance that
was
picking up a guy off the street and people didn't even stop vying
for
throws," Beals (a NOPD police officer) said.

Is it no surprise we didn't care if we elected a dumb ass to the
White
House
when it's more important to keep shouting to float riders to throw
more
beads than to help someone who got shot less than 10 feet away and
still
lying in the street. What are people in this country coming to?

John