[StBernard] Watch Governor Jindal's Republican Response to President Obama's Speech

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 26 09:33:52 EST 2009

Dear Westley,

Tonight, President Obama gave his first speech to a joint session of
Congress. The President reiterated many of the talking points he has given
the American people the past few weeks about the recently passed stimulus
bill and what we must do to get our economy back on track.

The Republican Response was just offered by Governor Bobby Jindal of
Louisiana, a rising star in our Party. If you did not get an opportunity to
see Governor Jindal tonight after the President's speech, click here
<http://blip.tv/file/1812286> now to watch it.

Governor Jindal makes some excellent points:

* To solve our current economic problems, Washington must lead -- but
the way to lead is not raising taxes and putting more money in the hands of
Washington, D.C. politicians. The way to lead is to empower the American
people -- the strength of America is not found in Washington, but in the
enterprising spirit of our citizens.
* Democrat leaders say their legislation will grow the economy. What
it really does is grow the government, increase your taxes down the line and
saddle your children and grandchildren with debt.
* To strengthen our economy, Republicans believe we must keep energy
prices down, improve education, and promote confidence in America by
ensuring we have the most ethical and transparent system in the world.

Let me make this clear upfront: The Republican Party stands ready to work
together in a bipartisan manner with the Democrat leaders in Congress and
the President to open new markets to American exporters, create more jobs at
home and grow the economy.

But we will not march lock-step with the President and Democrats when they
are wrong. The recently passed "stimulus" bill was one such example.
Republicans were unified in our disagreement with Congressional Democrat
leaders and President Obama on this bill. It comes down to this: The
Democrat plan focused on putting Americans on the public dole, while the
Republican plan focused on putting America back to work.

Westley, the RNC needs your help to elect more Republicans like Governor
Jindal in the 2009 state and 2010 congressional elections who will stand up
to the Democrats when they are wrong -- and who are committed to our values
of fiscal discipline, shrinking the size of government, personal
responsibility and national strength.

Please make a secure online contribution
<https://secure.donationreport.com/donate.html?key=COM6LU30GCVZ> of $2,000,
$1,000, $500, $100, $50 or $25 today to support the RNC's party-building and
candidate recruitment programs. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Michael Steele
Chairman, Republican National Committee

P.S. Westley, as Governor Jindal just said in his response to President
Obama, "We believe the way to strengthen our country is to restrain spending
in Washington, and empower individuals and small businesses to grow our
economy and create jobs." If you support our Republican vision for a more
prosperous nation, please make a secure online contribution
<https://secure.donationreport.com/donate.html?key=COM6LU30GCVZ> of $2,000,
$1,000, $500, $100, $50 or $25 to the RNC today. Thank you.