[StBernard] Wal-Mart

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 5 21:38:44 EST 2009

St. Bernardians can only wish for an opening of a Wal-Mart or Major hospital
anytime soon, I surmise. They look at economics and feasibility here.

When there is money principle, coupled with politics and major disagreements
come major delays.

--we shall see.

--jer--

Last July I wrote to the EVP in charge of WalMart's Operations and received
a very professional telephone call where he stated that it is WalMart's
intention to return to St. Bernard as a SuperWalMart, including the grocery
store, pharmacy, and auto center, in the same location as was prior to the
storm "once the temporary hospital" were relocated from the parking lot.
Their position then, and has been reported, still is "that they want the
parish officials and residents to determine what is best - for the
hospital/clinic to remain where it is, in which case WalMart will continue
to consider other options, or to remove the hospital trailers and allow the
store to make its repairs to the store and the parking lot, for a reopening
in mid-to-late 2009.

WalMart has already factored into its analysis the 40% drop in parish
residents, with the largest concentration coming from the Arabi area, and
the 88% drop in 9th ward residents. WalMart management still believes that
they will be more profitable by having the entire store, grocery, pharmacy,
and auto repair included.

I would rather see WalMart open again contributing to the parish's tax
revenue, and have those in need of medical services do as I have had to do
several times this past year: go to East Jefferson in Kenner, Tulane,
Touro ,(or possibly the new Ochsner Baptist), until a new Hospital is built
in St. Bernard or New Orleans East reopens Methodist or Lakeland.

JFR

____
DEVACAPS.com - Data Evacuation and Protection Services
Because your data is too important to leave behind
504-250-6407 sales at DEVACAPS.com http://www.DEVACAPS.com

____
Not all emails sent through this list reflect
the opinion of da-parish.com or Westley Annis

Such emails list the author in either the subject line or within the message
itself.

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT MEANT TO BE INTERPRETED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT
BE
CONSIDERED AS SUCH.

This message is copyrighted by Westley Annis. No distribution through
electronic, paper, or other means is permitted without the express written
permission of Westley Annis.

StBernard mailing list
StBernard at da-parish.com