[StBernard] President Obama is Fighting to Increase Energy Prices

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 9 10:35:20 EDT 2009

Dear Supporter of American Energy,

These are trying times for many Americans. The economy is in a recession and people are working even harder to make ends meet. That is why it is so distressing to see President Obama working to increase energy prices instead of working to keep them low. Even worse, his policies are making it harder to produce energy in America as he attempts to increases taxes on energy production—a move that will only send energy producers overseas or to bankruptcy. <http://emails.americanenergyalliance.org/m/463Gd-o_TLrv_Xq8XgXTu0T15vgnHxRdmb8tnvur6veZGvclXw>

President Obama included a whopping $989 billion in new taxes in his budget plan, many of which are new taxes on affordable energy. But that’s not all. His budget also included an additional $646 billion “cap and trade tax.” “Cap and trade” is politician speak for a tax on gasoline, natural gas, and coal. It’s a tax on 85 percent of the energy that fuels our economy. That means higher prices at the gas pump, higher home heating costs, and higher electricity bills.

It also means that America will ship more manufacturing jobs overseas. Manufacturers use a lot of energy to produce goods. Increasing energy costs increases the costs of producing goods and services here at home.

We want to hear from you. Tell us what you think about the President’s budget. How can we work together to fight the massive tax on energy? Join in and comment on the President’s plan. <http://emails.americanenergyalliance.org/m/cefGd-o_TLrv_Xq8XgXTu0T15vgnV2HHRqpSnr_rGRkLBifUKQ>

Kevin Kennedy,
Director of Federal Affairs
American Energy Alliance