[StBernard] ST. MARK CATHOLIC CHURCH

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 9 23:13:42 EDT 2009

Good morning to all,
It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you our beloved St. Mark Catholic Church and school are now gone. All that remains, as of yesterday, are one of the new classrooms behind Loredana Hall and a storage building. I'm sure both of the remaining buildings will be gone either today or tomorrow. It is very sad to see the remains of what we hold near and dear to our heart, come down to a pile of rubble, but we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later. As with the passing of anything near and dear to us, we have fond memories that we can hold close to our heart…pictures and DVD's of concerts past, the St. Mark Italian festival and Miss Connie's funnel cakes, St. Joseph Altar, a beautifully decorated church during the Christmas and Easter seasons, the Lenten fish fries, the list goes on and on. The parishioners of St. Mark worked tirelessly for the church and school. We thank God for good memories of St. Mark Church and School and for sharing the faith and love we felt at St. Mark's with all its parishioners and we are now tasked to continue to go forth and share that same faith and love througout St. Bernard and the surrounding areas.
Our church may have been torn down, but not the love we all felt there. Go forth and spread the goo d news!
Love to all,
Bonnie