[StBernard] SDT

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 18 15:46:31 EDT 2009

Concerning the SDT thing, I just want to say a couple of things. I know none of the parties involved but I do know that the French Quarter has never been cleaner than when SDT got the contract. It used to be disgusting at best. I have even seen them spraying deodorizer on the streets. I was truly amazed.
I know that the Quarter is not da parish, but the entire metro area needs tourist dollars and you can bet that this cleanup will make a DIFFERENCE WHEN FOLKS DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO RETURN TO THE AREA. I have heard from visitors (Pre-Katrina) that they would never come back to such a dirty and stinking place. No one can say that now.
As for the dumping, I do not know whether or not it was deliberate. I do know that in this day & age that competion is fierce and money is scarce. If you don't think another company would do this to make them look bad you are not living in today's world. Industrial espionage and sabatoge are at an all time high. Everyone is fighting to stay afloat and not everyone fights fair.
For all the good they do I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. This one time. Future offenses would not be lookked upon favorably by anyone.
I'm just saying you need to look at both sides of the story and the BIG PICTURE.
Thanks for indulging me.
Cabowabojan (and no I don't live in the Quarter or in New Orleans)