[StBernard] 2008 Darwin Awards

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 15 16:28:49 EDT 2009

The 2008 Darwin Awards

Yes, it's that magical time of year again when the Darwin Awards are
bestowed, honoring the least evolved among us.

Here is the glorious winner:

1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim
during a hold-up in Long Beach, California , would-be robber James Elliot
did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and
tried the trigger again. This time it worked!And now, the honorable
mentions:

2.The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat-cutting
machine and submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company
expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He
tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was
approved.3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car
during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had
taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.4.. After stopping for drinks
at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental
patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had
escaped. Not wanting to admit his

incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone
waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental
hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and

prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

>5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head

wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the
injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to

see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit..

>6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter,

and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled
a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the

clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled,
leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from
the drawer... $15. [If someone points a gun at you and gives you

money, is a crime committed?]

>7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that

he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some
booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his

head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be
thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was
made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.

>8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed

her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able
to give them a detailed description of the snatcher.

Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car
and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and
told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied,

'Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from.'

>9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a

Burger King in Ypsilanti , Michigan , at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded
cash. The clerk turned him down because he said hecouldn't open the cash
register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk
said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.
[*A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER]

>10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a

Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at
the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor

home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to
trying to steal gasoline and

plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The
owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best
laugh he'd ever had.

>In the interest of bettering mankind, please share these with your friends

and family... unless of course, one of these above-mentioned individuals is,
by chance, a distant relative or long-lost friend. In that case, be glad
they are distant and hope they remain lost.

*** Remember... They walk among us!!!*No virus found in this incoming
message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 8.0.238 / Virus Database:
270.11.50/2051 - ReleaseDate: 04/09/09 19:01:00Rediscover HotmailR: Get
quick friend updates right inyour inbox. Checkit out.

by cdptpa-imta06.mail.rr.com with ESMTP

id
<20090412154553.ZQSM25003.cdptpa-imta06.mail.rr.com at cdptpa-mxlb.mail.rr.com>

for <danncarr at cfl.rr.com>; Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:45:53 +0000

a=D7ylBzHoZzwihDLS93K54g==:17 a=CjxXgO3LAAAA:8 a=ayC55rCoAAAA:8
a=AAvYLDLOAAAA:8 a=o1OHuDzbAAAA:8 a=C_IRinGWAAAA:8 a=9sIipnuWAAAA:8
a=3OCGJLJzAAAA:8 a=69EAbJreAAAA:8 a=3oc9M9_CAAAA:8 a=_VnqN573AAAA:8
a=oWYocNlnAAAA:8 a=Pel7kwWbAAAA:8 a=5GxUV-HqAAAA:8 a=ep9mfMyHAAAA:8
a=oCcaPWc0AAAA:8 a=kevk-nH6uIvbZhjOnBgA:9 a=DXMRZaOcuHmHt67wwBkA:7
a=g1gqf5eFmqk1kDRM7nA6b9hOyaAA:4 a=c5zHXd76wwQA:10 a=rC2wZJ5BpNYA:10
a=s2loLT2QvaoA:10 a=ILCZio5HsAgA:10 a=si9q_4b84H0A:10 a=__UPNXcvpMUA:10
a=kEl3sYUtXu8A:10 a=EfJqPEOeqlMA:10 a=U8Ie8EnqySEA:10 a=O2C99fW4opcA:10
a=Cnp91p0JNjUA:10 a=0Nl4lIO0rVEA:10 a=hBrIJH4NWokA:10 a=-oFMZNm3Kt-8brF_:21
a=pD7J6rNHNSmsKaR1:21 a=DGAuBlFXfxWBCpkQDOsA:9 a=hW3GrKVcnEbxClauWt4A:7
a=QcWICNmf3rn_E48Jg_arMsg4bA4A:4 a=ckAPNu8fuZUA:10 a=jwRJAFE9lk0A:10
a=d2YVAcyb6ykA:10 a=4qZxSbCaQDEA:10 a=qyOBlQcgPYcA:10 a=XhjM-sxGdv4A:10
a=istt6Eh4HecA:10 a=Waib6zjgq6kA:10 a=AopYEtad1IQA:10 a=l4fWMtrqZa4A:10
a=6Sg2aM1ZKfcA:10 a=fJ5tww-1BTAA:10 a=vaR1gYDQYD4A:10

by cdptpa-iedge10.mail.rr.com (envelope-from <bulldogrunt at yahoo.com>)

(ecelerity 2.2.2.39 r()) with ESMTP

id CE/74-19326-1BC02E94; Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:45:53 +0000

t=1239551150; bh=j3LzkX8tDe0m++iU/c/C6zzEAH37n1SXJS+CF1uQ78E=;
h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIM
E-Version:Content-Type;
b=jbEpxZ3hmqdMoY0uCbvQGXwJipwhw/5LQTsNQpEVTrvwGz/7UyAYFMQ5U9RqKT7Hu+NsGZK3vI
UxmcXnzhbh5N07C2rV6b+S6IGXLCSnEijeUMYYq7JQYDtZ7LDoELKoxlIWP7pZmCieTBPVCKPDHS
rpJiBi1xtwz056Tv2kFyg=

s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIM
E-Version:Content-Type;

b=q9c7XLoI0rK/dEV04pTTelrDMUcqTNmcXMID/ibOBn76aWhBeUlIiOav3GULGZgHUBWupeTFtu
GoFCcXv96o88pQaplgJEUdiEd49K9lX5fwhyJIJyqEfXwZz7PNcM59Bcr6oozp9oPf1X/muguIIk
NfrLVvxFKWEtyxnJ2Z0lM=;

12 Apr 2009 08:45:50 PDT