[StBernard] Celebrate St. Bernard Kick-Off Party Thursday!!!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 12 13:20:06 EDT 2009

Celebrate St. Bernard Committee hosts kick off party

Event will be Thursday, May 14 at 5:30 p.m. at Nunez Community College

Come join your neighbors and community leaders for a kick off party complete
with music, free food and t-shirts for the "Celebrate St. Bernard" campaign.
It's celebrating our accomplishments, our historic past and promising
future. Hear from our neighborhood groups, government, education, business
and industry leaders about what we have accomplished and what our future is
going to look like.

The pep rally/kick off party will be Thursday, May 14th at 5:30 p.m. at the
Nunez Community College Gazebo, 3710 Paris Road in Chalmette. In case of
rain, the event will be in the Nunez Auditorium.

The event will include many key community leaders. It will be moderated by
Barry Lemoine and Will Schneider of the St. Bernard School Board and Shine
Productions, and Krystal Boothe-Gonzales, former television news personality
and a Chalmette High School teacher. The Chalmette High School Band and Jazz
Band will perform, and local schools' cheerleaders and mascots will
participate. Neighborhood garden flags with the Celebrate St. Bernard logo
will be on sale for $15, including the stands. Cash only.

Come learn about upcoming developments in the growth of St. Bernard
including updates on building projects, such as the Val Riess Park
development and the 9th Grade Academy at Chalmette High School. The event
and ensuing marketing effort is being underwritten by a generous grant from
the St. Bernard Community Foundation.