[StBernard] Hospital Board

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu May 28 19:45:02 EDT 2009

Good!

I'm sorry if it's another delay for this oh-so-elusive hospital, but this
was done in a crappy and sneaky manner.
Because of the way it was done I wonder if there was some arm-twisting to
the physicians that were on the Board.

Of course, having a nursing home (or homes) Landry has no interest in the
hospital....uh-huh.

LJ

"THREE ST. BERNARD PARISH COUNCILMEN FILE INJUNCTION AGAINST
COUNCILMEN
LANDRY AND CAVIGNAC FOR HOSPITAL BOARD SEAT"

An injunction and temporary restraining order has been filed by
Councilmen
Mike Ginart, Ray Lauga, and Frank Auderer against fellow Councilmen
Wayne
Landry and George Cavignac to prevent them from taking their duly
appointed
hospital service district seats. The three Councilmembers claim
that the
appointments weren't properly posted on the May 19th, 2009, Council
Agenda,
which by state law has to be posted 48 working hours prior to the
meeting.
The agenda item in question went out for posting in the normal
fashion to
regular recipients, including the news media, at 11AM on 5-15-09
satisfying
that requirement. St. Bernard's Hospital Service District commenced
meeting without the two members at 7pm, with one of their agenda
items being
one to discuss appointments.