[StBernard] Volunteers Needed For New Orleans Mission Project

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 5 16:57:17 EDT 2009

Volunteers Needed For New Orleans Mission Project
posted June 5, 2009

Silverdale Baptist Church is sending a construction team to New Orleans to
help rebuild First Baptist Church Chalmette, according to Ken McCoy,
executive pastor of Silverdale. "We especially need guys with HVAC knowledge
and experience. This two to three day trip will be planned ASAP according to
availability of team members."

Mr. McCoy said, "This past week we sponsored a mission trip to the New
Orleans area. During our trip we discovered that First Baptist Church of
Chalmette, who was totally destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, continues to meet
in a local school five years after the hurricane. The church is being
rebuilt completely by volunteers. Although there have been several teams who
have worked on this project and who are scheduled to come they are in need
of construction assistance.

"There is an immediate need for the installation of air conditioning units.
We believe if these units can be installed and some additional work can be
done in the sanctuary, they can worship on the property in the next six
months. This church has done a great work in the New Orleans area for years
and will continue to be a beacon of hope to a broken and lost city."

For more information, contact Ken McCoy at kmccoy at silverdalebc.com or
892-2173.