[StBernard] Redfish Cup

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 17 00:12:39 EDT 2009

It was advertised by the SB Tourist office that the whole point for
our parish to host the first one and the following events was to "showcase "
St. Bernard Parish.

Many organizations were solicited to take part in the event and
worked hard to make it a success with the premise that we would be
recognized through the ESPN media as a St. Bernard Parish community, not
part of New Orleans.

Again, local organizations have been asked to participate.

Now it appears that Academy Sporting Goods, not O'Boy Oberto
products is the prime sponsor and wants to associate the event with New
Orleans. Of course they do not have any business location in our area.

The anglers launch at our marina, fish mainly in St. Bernard or
Plaquemine Parish waters and weigh the fish in St. Bernard, not in New
Orleans.

The event should be called the "' Academy Sporting Goods etc. St.
Bernard Parish Redfish Cup" , no ifs ands or buts.

jd

Just off the top of my head, jd, but the viewers on ESPN know what
"The big
easy " is. They probably have no clue about SBP.