[StBernard] Fighting for cheaper prescription drugs

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 24 16:30:30 EDT 2009

Dear Friend,

Knowing of your interest in lowering the cost of prescription drugs, I
wanted to take this opportunity to update you on my efforts to pass drug
reimportation legislation.

Recently during debate on the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control
Act, I along with both Democrat and Republican Senators pushed for an
amendment to be included in the bill that would allow Americans to buy safe
FDA approved drugs from Canada; however consideration of the amendment was
blocked by the Majority Leader.

Drug reimporation would allow Americans to purchase drugs from outside of
the country that were originally produced in the United States. It is an
issue with great bipartisan support, and it would save Americans billions
of dollars. Now more than ever individuals and families are facing tough
economic times and they should have access to the prescription drugs they
need to stay healthy and maintain a good quality of life.

I will continue working as your U.S. Senator to fight the big
pharmaceutical industry special interests and drug company lobbyists so
that all Louisianans and Americans have better access to safe, affordable
medications and prescription drugs.

.
Sincerely,
David Vitter
U.S. Senator

** To unsubscribe please visit my web site here
<http://vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Newsletter.Unsubscribe

> and indicate that you would like to "unsubscribe." Please do not reply

to this email.

For any other questions or concerns visit my Web site at:
www.vitter.senate.gov