[StBernard] St. Bernard pushes to make Village Square site open space

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jul 12 11:29:01 EDT 2009

Landry and Cavignac, who now sit on the parish's hospital board, had argued
that the parish should have stuck to a plan that would have reserved some
space for commercial development near the parish's busy Judge Perez Drive
commercial corridors. In particular, they wanted the space reserved as a
possible alternate site for the parish's yet-to-be-built $58 million
hospital.

"The delays that were created by not committing to the plan we had been
operating under removed Village Square as an option for the hospital,"
Cavignac said.

These two were soooooo apparent in their desires for that location for the
hospital it's beyond belief.
I have to wonder what was in it for them for that particular location. It's
no wonder they wanted on the hospital board so badly.

So now they have their seats on the board but not their desired location
for the hospital location. Now I wonder if they'll start
throwing a few monkey wrenches into the work of the District to see if they
can get the location changed.