[StBernard] URGENT---Beware---NOT A JOKE

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 13 22:12:58 EDT 2009

Just wanted to pass this on to y'all. Received this from a friend who lives
in Metairie.

Rena

Hi everyone ---

In case I missed you the first time around, I have important information for
you. My neighbor was robbed at gunpoint in her driveway on Friday night
around midnight. They took her purse. She later remembered that a car had
followed her on W. Esp. and made the same turns. They followed her into her
driveway and waved a gun at her!

The detective working the case called my neighbor today. He told her that 3
women were robbed between 11 and 12 on Friday night. All were followed on
W. Esplanade. This lady was robbed here on Craig, another on Lake Trail,
and another one between Power and Transcontinental. Descriptions matched --
two people, one --- white, around 40, shaggy hair, the other (driver)
unknown. A dark car. A hand gun.

They are targeting WOMEN driving home ALONE, LATE at night. If you are out
at night, or really ANYTIME, be aware of your surroundings---your driveway
area, who is behind you. If you are uncomfortable, call 911 and the police
will find you. Keep driving and do not go home.

Please, please, please, be careful --- and pass this on to everyone you
know.

PS: Please, read this e mail. Each weekend there seems to be a different
area that is being a target for robbing women who are alone. Two weekends
ago, it was the Pasadena and Guiffrias Streets off the service road. The
weekend before that, it was Central Ave. and Jefferson Highway. Please,
pass this on to those on your mailing list. If they live out of town now,
still send it. They may know someone or help someone still living in the
area. Above all, be careful.