[StBernard] President Obama Got His Wish

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 28 00:44:17 EDT 2009

Today, Charlie Melancon announced that he is running against me for the United States Senate. After Charlie endorsed President Obama in the election and voted with him 84% of the time, this is no surprise. But it does demand a strong response.

We now know that the Obama money machine will be filling our opponent's campaign coffers with liberal contributions. I need your concrete, generous help to stand up to this <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=hkITK8PPLlKVKgL&s=fjKPJ3NMLfLSJ8NRLuG&m=enKEIPNvFfJRG> .

In his announcement video, Charlie says that he wants to listen to his constituents. Yet he is holding ZERO Town Hall Meetings in Louisiana during this August recess. That's right --ZERO! (I'm holding 19.)

Rather than hiding from his voting record and calling Town Hall Meeting attendees "dishonest fearmongers", Charlie should listen to Louisiana constituents and then try to explain why he voted NO on the amendment to remove the government-run plan from the Obama health care bill (Burgess amendment to HR 3200).

He should listen to Louisianans and then try to explain why he voted NO on requiring Members of Congress to enroll in the government-run plan, allowing them to keep their private coverage while ordinary Americans lose that option (Dingell Amendment to HR 3200). And he should certainly try to explain why he voted NO on TWO different amendments to bar the government from rationing your health care (Rogers and Gingrey amendments to HR 3200). For more on Melancon's health care votes, click here <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=hkLTI8PQIjJRJfL&s=fjKPJ3NMLfLSJ8NRLuG&m=enKEIPNvFfJRG> .

We are at a true crossroads in our history. An enormous amount is at stake in this race for the U.S. Senate. My record and Charlie's are very different -- on who we supported for president...where each of us stands on health care reform, the bailouts, the stimulus, and the Obama budget that triples our debt. Louisiana voters will face a very clear choice.

Please join me as we fight four our future. I need your concrete, generous help <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=anJFLNMnFeJIIWK&s=fjKPJ3NMLfLSJ8NRLuG&m=enKEIPNvFfJRG> .

David