[StBernard] GREAT IDEA

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 28 01:02:22 EDT 2009

Dear Friends,

This seems like a good idea to pass on to your friends and loved ones with
children.

By Abigail Van Buren Abigail Van Buren - Sun Aug 23, 2:16 am ET

DEAR ABBY: I have an idea that may prove useful to parents. I have worked in
law enforcement for more than 18 years, including as a state police
dispatcher. There are often stories in the media of children lost or
abducted in the blink of an eye.

Because of the proliferation of cell phones with cameras, there is now a way
to help law enforcement officials get the word out via Amber Alerts and news
bulletins.

Parents should take advantage of these photo opportunities. Before leaving
home for the day on a shopping trip or family outing, take a picture of your
children in the outfits they are wearing that day. Once you are all back
home, safe and sound, you can delete that picture and the next day take a
new one. That way, you'll always have a current photo of how your child
looks "today," not six months or more ago at a special event. You also won't
have to rely on your memory of exactly what your child was wearing if he or
she should go missing.

Time is of the essence, so take advantage of the technology that's available
in today's world. -- JANET IN AURORA, ILL.