[StBernard] Dhammananda -You are Responsible

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Sep 1 22:27:05 EDT 2009

Editor's note: The PDF file has been uploaded to my website.
You can find it here: http://is.gd/2Mlkn
----------------------------
Westley,

I accidentally came across this document when researching something else. I
do not know the author, but it is based on Buddhist doctrine. It teaches
self responsibility - something liberals and the Democratic Party understand
nothing about.

What I find ironic is how many liberals dive into and practice exotic
theologies, claiming they want everyone "to leave in peace and harmony under
the sun and moon, as one big, happy family." Yeah, I know that kinda sounds
like something right out of the hippie movement, but that does sound like
something out of Buddism. So my point is, how did "let's all hold hands"
liberals stray so far from their hippie-buddist orgins? Everything this
document says (as well as Buddha himself) preaches "self-responsibility" and
self-reliance. So how did the original "liberal" movement from the late
60's cross the tracks into wanting a government where the government
controls everything and dictates how everyone is to live?

I remember back then, the liberals used to talk about "the Man!" Everything
was "the Man" makes you do this, and "the Man" won't let you do that. Well,
it seems the government (under Obama and the Demwits) wants to become "the
Man." Isn't this exactly what the liberals back in the 60's protested
against? At least that's what I've been told by the few people I personally
know who considered themselves "flower children of the 60's."

Who would have ever guessed the beginnings of the liberal movement in the
60's would have transformed itself into modern day facisim?

For you liberals outthere, I can't recall at any time under George W. Bush
when he dictated how we Americans were going to live. Obama's been in only
a few months and already is trying to pass several bills that will dictate
how we live.

John Scurich