[StBernard] RNC Statement On President Obama's Economic Speech In New York

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 14 20:33:46 EDT 2009

RNC STATEMENT ON PRESIDENT OBAMA'S ECONOMIC SPEECH IN NEW YORK

WASHINGTON - Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele
released the following statement today:

"For the average American, the best measure of the economy is whether or not
they have a job so they can pay the mortgage, make the car payment and put
food on the table. For more than 3 million Americans who have lost their
jobs this year, the president's policies have been a failure. His $787
billion stimulus bill has led to wasteful spending but hasn't created the
jobs he promised. And every time he has wanted to expand the government's
influence over the economy and our daily lives, from his takeover of GM and
banks to his proposed government-run takeover of our health care, it has
meant spending more money we don't have and digging America deeper into
debt. Those are the real results of the president's experiments on our
economy, and no amount of speeches will convince the American people
otherwise."