[StBernard] Sen. Vitter's Letter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 7 10:00:48 EST 2009

Reading Senator David Vitters open letter in your daily information paper
today (vol 1914 issue 3) makes me want to compliment Senator Vitter for
making this Health Care information available to all of his constituents in
the state.by having a copy in each of his offices. Good Job Senator.. This
is very rare for one of our Political Leaders to do. If you think it isn't
rare , just try to call and speak to one of our leaders on the phone and get
an answer to a question.. But this announcement by Senator Vitter brings up
one main question in my mind. Does it really take 2,000 pages of written
data for a Government subsidized health plan for those that can't afford the
high cost of commercialized health care? I mean we didn't have all of these
meetings and brain power going into the Bail Outs of the financial powers
that caused this financial mess that we're in right now. I would think it
could be simplified by just a few requirements. to be eligible for 80%
coverage of your doctors and hospital bills, one simply must :

1. Be a legal citizen of the United states of America. (no exceptions)
2. Be paid up on income taxes, (both National and State).
3, Prove their income level is below the poverty line with no hidden
income. (under the table)
4. Not be a deduction by a legal child if the child has an income exceeding
$100,000 yr.
5. If the insureds's total net worth is not more than $100.000.
6. Not be a paid employee of the US. Government .
7. Have their legally dependent children be under 18 years of age and be
enrolled in school.
8. Be below the Federal Guidelines for being Obese. (Federal BMI Index)
9. Be non addictive to alcohol, cigarettes or illegal substances.
10. Not be a member of any other health plan.
11. Maintain a clean healthy living environment at home and around their
house.

I'm sure a few other guidelines could be added but 1,990 pages of health
care requirements for someone to read? Maybe our children should start
reading them in grammar school so by time they get married they'll be
familiar with them, but how many additions will have been added by then?
Will we ever understand them and totally agree? Maybe it might be cheaper
for all of us if we just give annual bonuses for staying healthy and
encouraging everyone to use the "old grandma remedies."? It worked for our
grand parents. It can work for us.

This should eliminate all illegal immigrants, politicians, manipulators of
the system and crooked health care providers. and put enough money in the
treasury to provide free or almost free health care for all the working moms
and elderly and eligiblyly disabled and rightfully unemployed persons in the
United States and it's territories.

I would like to ask Senator Vitter how can we get this done?

Al