[StBernard] How the liberal Democrats deceive onhealthcarestatistics

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 15 12:17:54 EST 2009

>I'm not sure if Jer meant it that way, but the fact does remain that

nowhere
i>n the Constitution or Articles of Confederation does it say anything about

>being entitled or having a right to healthcare.

John, nowhere in the Constitution, A.O.C or the Bill of Rights does it say
anything about a Dept. of Veterans Affairs, EPA, the Dept. of Labor and Mine
Inspections or anything of that type. Okay, strike the EPA reference.
Still, we take care of our veterans (or try to) and we provide benefits and
medical coverage to miners who have become ill from Black Lung from working
in the mines.

I think we **do** need to do something that helps to make medical insurance
more affordable for those who don't have it (like me!) I'm willing to pay
for a private policy for myself so I can have something if needed, but it
shouldn't have to cost an arm and a leg.

Now for those who **could** afford to buy health insurance but **choose**
not to, I don't feel so much for them.

And as far as those long lines to wait for a doctor and stuff...I grew up in
a military family and we got treated at the base hospital or dispensary when
needed. Everybody waited in line.

JY