[StBernard] Starner Jones, MD

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 15 21:21:41 EST 2009

Before reading the letter below you should know that it is true. Many have
heard me say over the past few years how liberal snopes.com is. The below
story easily proves this point. You see, I did a check on snopes.com and
even they confirm it is true. But snopes.com went a step further....besides
verifying that Dr. Jones did in fact write the below letter that was
published, snopes.com took it upon themselves to include a rebuttal letter
published by the same newspaper a few days later. WHO ASKED SNOPES.COM TO
INCLUDE THE "LIBERAL" PERSPECTIVE REBUTTAL LETTER???? NO ONE ASKED
SNOPES.COM IF THERE WAS A REBUTTAL LETTER!! When they verified Dr. Jones'
letter, that should have been the end of their story. But no, they had to
tack on a reader's response (without request) that attacked and personally
labeled Dr. Jones as some sort of "hateful person." Strange, but in all my
years of frequenting snopes.com and verifying so called "letters to the
editor," this is the only time I've found that they took it upon themselves
to print a liberal minded rebuttal without being asked to do so.

And the Mikkelson's (snopes.com publishers) wonder why I blogged them last
year as being extremist liberals who look to slant their research in favor
of the Obama and the Democrats. This proves it.

John

________________________________

Short, sweet and to the point... This should be on the front page of every
newspaper in America -in large bold letters. This was a "letter to the
editor" in August 29th Jackson , MS newspaper.

Starner Jones, MD is a seventh generation Mississippian and wanted to come
back to Mississippi after going somewhere else for college and medical
school. His extracurricular interests are golf, hunting, fishing and college
football.

--------------------------------
Dear Sirs:

"During my last night's shift in the ER, I had the pleasure of evaluating a
patient with a shiny new gold tooth, multiple elaborate tattoos, a very
expensive brand of tennis shoes and a new cellular telephone equipped with
her favorite R&B tune for a ringtone. Glancing over the chart, one could not
help noticing her payer status: Medicaid. She smokes more than one costly
pack of cigarettes every day and, somehow, still has money to buy beer.

And our Congress expects me to pay for this woman's health care? Our
nation's health care crisis is not a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors
or nurses. It is a crisis of culture - a culture in which it is perfectly
acceptable to spend money on vices while refusing to take care of one's self
or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. A culture that thinks "I can
do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me".
Life is really not that hard. Most of us reap what we sow.

Don't you agree?

STARNER JONES, MD Jackson , MS