[StBernard] WOW !!!!!!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 22 09:47:02 EST 2009

And it's a true one too!

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/odetoamerica.htm

WOW!!!

From a Romanian Newspaper

We rarely get a chance to see another country's
editorial
about the USA

Read this excerpt from a Romanian Newspaper. The
article was
written by Mr. Cornel Nistorescu and published under the title
'C'ntarea
Americii, meaning 'Ode To America ') in the Romanian newspaper
Evenimentulzilei 'The Daily Event' or 'News of the Day'.

~ An Ode to America ~

Why are Americans so united? They would not resemble
one
another even if you painted them all one color! They speak all the
languages
of the world and form an astonishing mixture of civilizations and
religious
beliefs.

On 9/11, the American tragedy turned three hundred
million
people into a hand put on the heart. Nobody rushed to accuse the
White
House, the Army, or the Secret Service that they are only a bunch of
losers.
Nobody rushed to empty their bank accounts. Nobody rushed out onto
the
streets nearby to gape about.

Instead the Americans volunteered to donate blood and
give a helping hand.

After the first moments of panic , they raised their
flag
over the smoking ruins, putting on T-shirts, caps and ties in the
colors of
the national flag. They placed flags on buildings and cars as if in
every
place and on every car a government official or the president was
passing.
On every occasion, they started singing: 'God Bless America !'

I watched the live broadcast and rerun after rerun
for hours
listening to the story of the guy who went down one hundred floors
with a
woman in a wheelchair without knowing who she was, or of the
Californian
hockey player, who gave his life fighting with the terrorists and
prevented
the plane from hitting a target that could have killed other
hundreds or
thousands of people.

How on earth were they able to respond united as one
human
being? Imperceptibly, with every word and musical note, the memory
of some
turned into a modern myth of tragic heroes. And with every phone
call,
millions and millions of dollars were put into collection aimed at
rewarding
not a man or a family, but a spirit, which no money can buy. What
on earth
can unites the Americans in such way? Their land? Their history?
Their
economic Power? Money? I tried for hours to find an answer,
humming songs
and murmuring phrases with the risk of sounding commonplace, I
thought
things over, I reached but only one conclusion... Only freedom can
work such
miracles.

Cornel Nistorescu

(This deserves to be passed around the Internet
forever.) It
took a person on the outside - looking in - to see what we take for
granted!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!