[StBernard] Causeway Holiday Traffic...

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 25 07:11:10 EST 2009

Just in case you lose your mind and decide to go shopping at Lakeside or
anywhere near Causeway :-)

News Release

State Project No. 450-15-0100

Causeway Blvd. Interchange (Phase I)

Route I-10

In an effort to reduce traffic/economic impacts near Lakeside Shopping
Center during the upcoming holiday shopping season, we are making some
traffic modifications on the I-10 @ Causeway project. These modifications
were the result of a meeting with Jefferson Parish, Jefferson Parish
Sherriff's Office and Louisiana State Police.

Beginning Friday November 27, and lasting for the holiday shopping season.

The changes in the traffic pattern will be:

North Causeway Blvd. U-turn (south of Veterans Blvd.) to South Causeway will
be closed by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office during heavy traffic
periods.

Ground level North Causeway traffic (not using Veterans overpass): The
existing shopping center entrance near Macy's /Restoration Hardware/ Pottery
Barn will remain open to motorists, traffic continuing north after this
point will be channelized to go pass 17th St. and allowed to U-turn north of
17th St. to return via South Causeway.

We also want to remind and encourage motorists to use the Bonnabel and
Clearview exits from I-10 as alternate routes to access the shopping center.

The DOTD Transportation Management Center and Motorists Assistance Patrol
Service, Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office and Louisiana State Police will
be continuously monitoring the situation and are prepared to respond as
necessary.

We also will be placing additional variable message signs at several
locations to alert motorists to be extra careful and to expect delays in
this area.

For statewide traffic and road conditions, visit our 511 Traveler
Information page <http://511%20Traveler%20Information%20page> at
www.511la.org. You can also receive traffic updates by dialing 511 from your
phone.

You can follow the Causeway <http://www.facebook.com/> Boulevard
Interchange Project on Facebook. Once you open a Facebook account, project
information can be accessed by entering "DOTD" or "Causeway Boulevard
Interchange Project" into the search field. You can also email DOTD's
Customer Service Center at customerservice at dotd.la.gov to receive monthly
e-mail updates on the project.

Michael Stack, P.E. & P.L.S.

La. DOTD District 02 (New Orleans/Houma) Engineer Administrator