[StBernard] What I am thankful for

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 25 19:56:58 EST 2009

As this Thanksgiving approaches, I wanted to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family, your neighbors and loved ones. Thanksgiving is a day to put politics and our differences aside, spend time with those whom we care about, and reflect upon and give thanks for all with which we are blessed.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my wife Wendy and our children, Sophie, Lise, Airey and Jack this Thanksgiving. I hope you are able to spend time with your family as well.

On Thanksgiving, we must also remember and give thanks for those overseas serving and fighting for our values, ideals and safety. We must give thanks for their families who have sacrificed time with their loved ones for the good of the nation, and we must especially give thanks for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

If you'd like to send a message thanking the troops for all they've done, you can do so by visiting the U.S. Department of Defense website or following this link. <http://www.ourmilitary.mil/Message.aspx?SectionID=5>

Once again, Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours. I look forward to updating you again soon as I continue the fight for our future in the U.S. Senate.

Your friend,

David Vitter