[StBernard] A Thanksgiving Prayer from Autom

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 25 20:00:07 EST 2009

A Thanksgiving Day Prayer

Dear God, our almighty and merciful Father,
Thank You for loving us from before the foundation of the world with a
shining and unconquerable love, and for choosing each one of us to receive
Your precious and irreversible gift of life.

Thank You for who You are-a Trinity of Love with Your Son and the Holy
Spirit.

Thank You for giving us our families and friends, and for our beloved
country, the United States of America. Thank You for Your gift of faith; the
opportunity to know You and to develop a deep, life-giving relationship with
You, through Jesus' saving death and Resurrection.

Thank You for our heritage as a nation of free men and women, founded upon
the lives, sacrifices, and love of our forefathers. Thank You for choosing
us to stand in this hour and fulfill our mission as true citizens of both
heaven and earth.

In this season of harvest, surrounded by the bounty and blessings of the
earth, we pause and remember all You have given us. Thank You, thank You,
thank You!

Finally, dear God, please pour out Your mercy and grace this Thanksgiving
upon the less fortunate, and help us remember that we are all one body-one
nation-under You, called to love, respect, and serve one another, especially
the poor and disadvantaged, in whom You are present among us. In Jesus' name
we pray. Amen.

O give thanks to the God of heaven,
For his steadfast love endures forever.

-Psalm 136:26

On behalf of our Autom family we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!