[StBernard] GEAUX SAINTS

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 2 16:18:55 EST 2009

" I'm the idiot who posted this little Saints prayer. I also agonized over
the "blaspheme" of Our Lord's Prayer. " --Rena.

You didn't create that garbage, Rena. You just passed it on and on to
thousands, perhaps from someone who's the idiot not realizing his or her
consequences of that action.

I can't condone, Rena, putting up this trash no matter who posted it. It
seems everyone has a reason for breaking God's commandments. If we allow
ourselves the luxury of sinning this moment knowing God will forgive us the
next (and knowing the difference), it's like giving ourselves a pat on the
back for repentance.

Sin should be abhorrent to each and every one of us. It is NEVER OK to say
I'll post this idiocracy against God knowing he will forgive me at the drop
of a hat.

Since when does God allow us his gracious BLESSING at HIS EXPENSE to
blaspheme in HIS NAME?

This is foolish talk no matter WHO uses it to justify sin.

When we sin, we repent. But when we repent (and I didn't see it in the joke
or in this rebuttal), we prostrate ourselves before God. If this is holier
than thou to side on that commandment of God, then I am guilty.

I forgive you for your atrocity to God. Unless you do the same, HE will not
do as much to salvage your soul.

I stand by my attitude of taking an offence against a commandment of God (#3
"Thou shall not take the name of God in vain"). Using God and a sick joke in
the same way is blasphemy against one who loves us.

Also, don't use a joke which ridicules the Lord as a justification to hurt
Him. Because all St. Bernardians suffered from Katrina doesn't give us all
an option or right to continue to exploit your Maker.

Post another joke as such and you dig the hole deeper. Why minimize your
actions as perfect, pristine and pure? It's not. It's not just pointing a
disciplinary action at you, Rena. If I fail in my duty to God to recognize
filth, it would put me at the same level as one who posts this trash.

Yes, God does forgive. But, the less we try to sin by these actions, the
less he has to forgive. Are any of us proud when we sin and stand to boasts
the sin as "greatness" or "cool". I think not.

Again, if I'm giving a choice to laugh at God, I'd rather not - knowing the
degree of punishment he can deliver against a pitiful wretch like myself.

The nation used to be wonderful. But, it's only wonderful if God is in
control and we weaklings are not.

--jer--

P.S. Go Saints and may God give us a great Season.