[StBernard] STS-129 Launch Film - A must watch - Jill Dolese

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 7 07:18:53 EST 2009

Thanks for sharing that Jill. That was incredible.

JY

Received this from one of my co-workers from the Shuttle Contract at
Johnson
Space Center. Can't believe it's been over 7 years since I retired
from the
space world. I still get choked up seeing this magnificent vehicle
doing
it's job representing the many Americans that worked together
making this
program successful.

Following the Challenger incident cameras were installed on the
External
Tank to monitor the foam. This film however even shows views from
the
Solid Rocket Booster's cameras entering the ocean after they have
jettisoned.

It's one of the most remarkable films I have ever seen.

It's too bad that our current President and Congress do not see a
space
program as a priority anymore. This email should be circulated to
make the
public aware of the greatness that can be achieved through a space
program.

Jill Dolese,CPPM, CF, Retired
Lockheed Martin Space Systems

--- Date: Friday, December 4, 2009, 9:27 PM

I don't care who you are, you cannot watch this, knowing that
this
vehicle weighs millions of pounds, launches straight up, and
achieves 18,000
miles per hour without being awestruck.

http://www.vimeo.com/7852885