[StBernard] Landrieu Votes For Taxpayer Funded Abortion

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 9 08:48:33 EST 2009

Fellow Conservative,

Today, Mary Landrieu cast her vote to allow taxpayer funding of abortion. A bipartisan amendment to prohibit federal funding of abortion was defeated by the liberal Democrat majority with Landrieu’s support. This vote clearly demonstrates that Landrieu puts partisan politics over the wishes of her constituents in Louisiana.

<http://lagop.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81f80dfae08a15f3629eabdeb&id=ca15afe2e1&e=e293a5ac38> Prior to the vote, Senator David Vitter took to the Senate floor and to implore his colleagues to support this commonsense amendment. He pointed out that while abortion may be a divisive issue in our country that there a broad consensus that public funding of abortion should be forbidden.

Perhaps most importantly, Senator Vitter confirmed that every sitting Senator from Louisiana since 1976 has supported this consensus view. That was true when the Senator spoke early this afternoon, but now Mary Landrieu has reversed that trend by voting to allow our tax dollars to be spent on a procedure that many Louisianans find abhorrent.

I encourage you to take a moment to watch Senator Vitter’s <http://lagop.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81f80dfae08a15f3629eabdeb&id=f009ef2281&e=e293a5ac38> full explanation on the importance of today’s vote and to contact Mary Landrieu <http://lagop.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81f80dfae08a15f3629eabdeb&id=21548bdb0c&e=e293a5ac38> to let her know how you feel about her vote against the dignity and sanctity of human life.

Sincerely,

Roger F. Villere, Jr., Chairman
Republican Party of Louisiana