[StBernard] RNC CHAIRMAN STATEMENT ON SENATE HEALTH CARE CBO SCORE

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 19 15:28:46 EST 2009

RNC CHAIRMAN STATEMENT ON SENATE HEALTH CARE CBO SCORE

WASHINGTON - Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele
released the following statement today:

"Today we learned that Harry Reid's backroom deals and closed-door meetings
have led to a health care bill that will cost American taxpayers nearly a
trillion dollars. And get this: Harry Reid and the Democrats are
celebrating. While they claim victory, the American people will be faced
with higher taxes, increased premiums and cuts to Medicare. They are
ramming this government-run health care program through Congress - when
Americans don't want it, and our country can't afford it. At the beginning
of this debate, eight 'moderate' Democrats insisted that Harry Reid pledge
to allow senators and the American people 72 hours to read the full
legislative text and CBO score prior to voting. A number of those Democrats
remain uncommitted to this bill - now is their chance to keep their word.
Any so-called 'moderate' Democrats who try to use this CBO score as a
fig-leaf to hide their vote to expand government and increase Americans'
health care costs, while denying the American people time to read and
consider this bill, will quickly learn their constituents will not be
fooled."

###