[StBernard] RNC CHAIRMAN MICHAEL STEELE'S TRIBUTE AND RELEASE OF THE WEB VIDEO HONORING DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.'S BIRTHDAY

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 18 11:19:46 EST 2010

RNC CHAIRMAN MICHAEL STEELE'S TRIBUTE
AND RELEASE OF THE WEB VIDEO HONORING
DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.'S BIRTHDAY

Today, Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele issued
the following statement and released the web video as a tribute to Dr.
Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday. The web video, entitled "Making His
Dream A Reality", can be viewed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6CHNqz5SWI
<http://link.sc.states.gop.com?164-1298-1548-25548-7566> .

"The Republican National Committee honors the accomplishments and life of
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as we continue to work to make his dream of
opportunity and equality a living reality for all people. Though close to
50 years have come and gone since Dr. King delivered his 'I Have A Dream'
speech, the principles by which he lived and worked remain as true as the
day he began his epic and historic fight for civil rights. The principles
of freedom, faith, and opportunity for all people are truly timeless and
will continue to influence America and the world for generations to come.
As we celebrate his legacy, I'm reminded that his message is rooted in
ideals and principles that the Republican Party has advocated since its
inception. Today, our Party and the nation honors Dr. King's dream by
continuing his fight - the fight for all Americans to have an equal chance
at the American Dream."
###