[StBernard] Important information for seniors/healthcare

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 20 08:02:32 EST 2010

> It sounds like either way your friend is looking for someone else to >

foot the bill for your medication. I guarantee that if you walk into > the
doctor's office with $3,000 cash in hand you will get your shot

*****************************

YOU MISUNDERSTAND...my friend is just stating that the Government is now
going to play God. What gives THEM (the government) the right to STOP
medication that will prolong his life?? Isn't this a form of geriatric
euthanasia?

YET (and these are MY thoughts...not my friend's) ...they (the Government)
pays "breeders" to continue having babies that WE tax paying citizens have
to subsidize and pay for that person to stay home collecting welfare, etc.,
also pay to take care of her child's medical expenses, pay for that said
child to eat her meals in school...the list goes on an on. As a hard
working American, I NEVER expected the government to support me, pay for my
medical expenses, pay for my children's meals in school. I AM AN ADULT WHO
TAKES CARE OF MY OWN DEBTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (as most of American men and
women were raised to be.)

I am glad the government does have programs to help its people when help is
needed, but shouldn't there be guidelines and limitations? This welfare
mentality MUST stop.

If the government is going to say "no you can't have your shot because you
won't live long enough to warrant the outlay of cash" where does it stop???
Next they'll say..."sorry your heart is needing bypass surgery, but you're 5
months past the age of viability"!! Where does it end? If you want to live
longer and you're past the age of 60, you'll have to pay out-of-pocket for
bypass surgery??? Nice......real nice. This is how today's youth and
government will repay all its elderly citizens who were the backbone of this
great country??? Our Mother's and Father's built this country. This is how
we thank them? Don't we owe them something?