[StBernard] RNC CHAIRMAN MICHAEL STEELE STATEMENT ON SCOTT BROWN'S ELECTION TO U.S. SENATE

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 20 08:03:22 EST 2010

RNC CHAIRMAN MICHAEL STEELE STATEMENT ON SCOTT BROWN'S ELECTION TO U.S.
SENATE

WASHINGTON - Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele
released the following statement today:

"Tonight, Scott Brown made history by exceeding all expectations and
defeating Martha Coakley in the heart of the Democrat Party's political
stronghold. I extend my sincere congratulations to Scott, the Brown family,
and his team on their tremendous come from behind victory to become the
first Republican U.S. Senator from Massachusetts in more than 30 years. His
message of lower-taxes, smaller government, and fiscal responsibility
clearly resonated with independent-minded voters in Massachusetts who were
looking for a solution to decades of failed Democrat leadership. There is no
doubt in my mind that Scott will provide the representation and leadership
they have asked for and deserve.

"Now that the people of Massachusetts have made their choice clear, the
Senate must move quickly to seat Senator-Elect Brown so that the people have
their chosen representative in the Senate as soon as possible. Over the
past year, independent voters in Virginia, New Jersey and now Massachusetts
have made their voices heard by sending a clear message that they've had
enough of the binge spending and government-growing agenda coming from
Washington - Democrats everywhere are officially on notice."

###