[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish employees forced to buy at Wal-Mart?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 5 22:19:49 EST 2010

>that being said, I am of the opinion that we should all support the locally

>owned businesses and other businesses which came back and re-invested early

>on and some how support new ones too; keep in mind, walmarts often cause

>locally owned businesses to close and then walmarts raise prices

Suzanne-don't forget that there were supposedly "issues" regarding
Wal-Mart's return, possibly involving the rent the Meraux Foundation was
charging and other things like the clinic and other things being in the
parking lot. Capitalism being what it is, I'm sure if Wal-mart could have
opened earlier they would have made an effort to do so.

I'm not a huge "fan" of Wal-mart, having rarely shopped at either location
before the storm. K-mart was closer for me and had the items I needed.

JY