[StBernard] Wal-Mart - just my personal feelings

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 6 11:03:41 EST 2010

I'll also continue to support the small local businesses, but I refuse to be
charged outrageous prices by the large chain stores that (in my opinion)
felt we would pay any price just to have them here. Main's was the first
grocery back & I still shop there, but they don't have everything. I wasn't
pleased, either, that Wal-Mart didn't come back right away, but I would
rather my tax dollars go to St. Bernard. Jefferson & St. Tammany received
too many of my tax dollars. Having lived a year in Kenner while rebuilding,
I probably own a part of that nice landscaping that they did in front of
Clearview mall. I even supported the local gift shops that opened here, but
I guess not too many others did, because they closed.

Syl