[StBernard] Brees comment: Worth a second take

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 9 07:55:44 EST 2010

John,

I was standing by my seat rocking from side to side with my hands in a
praying position. Reality could not set in -- even after the clock said 0
time left. I just stared at the celebrating that was on the field not sure
if I was having a dream. I could hear the fireworks and when I looked up Jet
planes were flying over the stadium. That's when I realized it wasn't a
dream it was Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL and I just witnessed our New
Orleans Saints win Super Bowl XLIV. Drew Brees and all the guys did it!!!
The tears just started pouring down my face -- wonderful happy excited
tears. Our Saints have won the Super Bowl and they are the Champions of the
World. No one can ever say anything bad about us again.
Three games in a row they destroyed top ranked teams with top ranked
quarterbacks. Week 1, they rolled over the Cardinals and sent Kurt Warner
into retirement, week 2, they embarrassed the Vikings and tore up Brett
Favre's leg and ankle and going into week 3 as the under dogs, they beat the
Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning (who I happened to have much respect
for). They sent the Colts back home to Indianapolis where just 11 people
greeted them at the airport when they arrived back.
At the game, I had the pleasure of sitting next to a wonderful man that
work's for the Denver Broncos but was pulling for the Saints. He fell in
love with my accent and we became instant friends.
So yes John, I will always remember where I was, who I was with and
certainly how I felt at that moment on February 7, 2010 when the scoreboard
said 0 minutes left to play and the score was Saints 31 and Colts 17.The
Saints and the Who Dats are now Champions of the World! I'll never forget
the look on my son's face when he hugged me and said WE JUST WON THE SUPER
BOWL!!! This is the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life
(excluding family matters!).
I will cherish the day with its memories and keep them in my heart for ever.

Jo Senko