[StBernard] Juvenile cruelty, obscenity arrests reported during St. Bernard Parish parade

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 9 19:38:58 EST 2010

"So much for clean family fun. It is starting to get out of hand. "

Jer Responds:

Yeah, I believe that it's only matched by the degenerates in the audience
with crowds "flashing" da riders for throws. I've been to the parades for
decades and I see where it's getting increasingly popular with degenerates
and perpetrators, crazed riders at times with arms of a professional ball
player to a face of an innocent victim looking the other way. I've often
mentioned some of the throws which included mini-meat cleavers, spears and
hard objects which some riders believe heads are like dart boards.

But the nudity and free shows aboard the floats go beyond comprehension,
huh? I can imagine the voyeurs salivating from the experience and wonder
what's up in future exhibitions.

When I was a younger dude, my father stopped going to da parades. I could
never understand why with the aurora, mystique and excitement of the
"electricity" that a parade can produce. It's alluring. At some point bags
of beads stored in attics become plastic hoarding. Never know when I will
use the beads I've had there for 30 yrs. Probably won't part with the
plastic and metal gold. Not worth selling for pennies on the dollar as I had
to lose my temper, step on hands, go totally disrespectful to rip it from
someone's grasp vying for the throw. Then after apologizing for being
disrespectful, the thrill went away. So did the enthusiasm for the mania.

It took me years of experience and gaining wisdom as to why he discontinued
the frolicking.

Now, I know.

--jer--