[StBernard] Is it the "American Way?"

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 26 09:48:35 EDT 2010

Richard,

I could not disagree more. Everyday in the is country there are
professionals who observe, study and analyze to get to the heart of
"understanding why and how" something happens - psychiatrists, sociologists,
etc. But never do I believe for a second that just because someone learns
to understanding why some people do the terrible things they do does that
mean they actually condone it.

Oh sure, there are some kooks at there that probably do, but just like the
Muslims you refer to, you have to figure some, if not most of them, were
being sincere.

This reminds me of a great comment made by a recent caller to the Mark Levin
Show when talking about this very subject. The caller said something like,
"thank God that our founders and other American colonists felt that way,
otherwise if we were all passive about it we'd still be under British rule."
.....great point!

John

You know, I was working as a reporter in 2001, and after 9/11 I interviewed
several Muslims about their reaction to the attack on the World Trade
Center. Overwhelmingly, their response was, "I don't condone what they did,
but I understand why they did it." Which to me was a sneaky way of saying,
"I agree with what they did."

We have elections to take care of these things. Violence isn't acceptable.

Richard