[StBernard] The Choice is Clear

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 29 23:17:18 EDT 2010

Team,

Last week, President Obama signed into law the government takeover of America's health care system.

Let me assure you – I’m not about to give up fighting to protect your family’s health care. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=fiJMK6OLIdLVJiJ&s=doKJLOPoHaJIKTMwFlH&m=niKYIaOPLmI2F>

The Obamacare bill that was passed raises taxes, slashes senior’s Medicare, and it will lead to longer waits, higher premiums, and less choices. I also agree with Louisiana’s Democratic Attorney General that the mandate forcing you to buy insurance is unconstitutional.

Last week, I authored legislation to fully repeal Obamacare immediately. I led the fight on a repeal amendment on the floor of the Senate this week. And, I will be fighting every day to repeal this dangerous legislation. Can you help me with an immediate donation before the March 31st FEC deadline? <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=boIFJOMrGcIIL1J&s=doKJLOPoHaJIKTMwFlH&m=niKYIaOPLmI2F>

Unfortunately, my opponent, Congressman Charlie Melancon, has chosen to join with Obama and Pelosi in opposing the repeal. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=ehKKJ3OHIdLMI7I&s=doKJLOPoHaJIKTMwFlH&m=niKYIaOPLmI2F> Rather than roll back the government takeover of 1/6th of our economy, Melancon insists on keeping Obamacare the law of the land.

I guess it’s not surprising. Melancon supported the very reconciliation tool used to railroad through Obamacare. He voted against a bill opposing Pelosi’s deem scheme. And of course endorsed Obama for President and voted to make Pelosi Speaker of House three times.

The choice for U.S. Senate this fall could not be clearer. Louisiana needs a fighter, not a quitter. I will continue to fight for Louisiana families and your health care, while Melancon opposes the repeal of Obamacare.

Can you help me with a donation of $10 or more before this Wednesday's fundraising deadline? <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=dgLJIUNzHhIQK8J&s=doKJLOPoHaJIKTMwFlH&m=niKYIaOPLmI2F>

For Melancon’s documented votes and to become a citizen coauthor of my repeal effort, go to www.DavidVitter.com. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=hkIQKcPTLgKTKhL&s=doKJLOPoHaJIKTMwFlH&m=niKYIaOPLmI2F> Please stand with me.

Sincerely,

David Vitter

Stand with david today <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=anJCLRMrF9JGIXK&s=doKJLOPoHaJIKTMwFlH&m=niKYIaOPLmI2F>