[StBernard] Meraux Charitable Foundation in St. Bernard isembroiled in controversy

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 12 22:55:26 EDT 2010

>Just look at all the NGO's that are around to take government money and

>spend it on salaries instead of distributing to the needy.

Non-government organizations are not charitable trusts are they?

I think they have to meet certain requirements they have to meet on
disbursements or they lose the charitable trust name and the benefits that
come from it.

It's probably all in here:

http://vlex.com/vid/sec-charitable-remainder-trusts-19209119

I wouldn't expect the IRS to get involved unless Jim Letten finds
something.

Just because they spend more on payroll than they give out doesn't
mean much
to the IRS. What's more important is how the trust was set-up to
determine
how much they need to give away every year.

Just look at all the NGO's that are around to take government money
and
spend it on salaries instead of distributing to the needy.

Westley