[StBernard] Chairman Villere Responds To Vote On Challenge To Obamacare

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 21 00:32:08 EDT 2010

Chairman Villere & Rep. Talbot Respond To Vote On Challenge To Obamacare

Republican Party of Louisiana Chairman Roger Villere released the following statement in response to Rep. Kirk Talbot’s (R-River Ridge) proposed constitutional amendment passing the House Insurance Committee:

“Today was an important first step in the fight to protect Louisiana families from the unconstitutional government power grab that is Obamacare.

Congress cannot be allowed to continue abusing power and overstepping boundaries set by our Founding Fathers. Rep. Talbot’s bill sends a strong message that we will not stand for it any longer.

I hope you will join me in contacting your legislators so they will know the people of Louisiana support Rep. Talbot’s amendment. Together we can find the votes we need to get this amendment to the ballot box.”

Click here to contact your legislator and urge them to vote YES on House Bill 94. <http://lagop.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81f80dfae08a15f3629eabdeb&id=1d003b38eb&e=6a30004df9>

Representative Kirk Talbot also released this statement following the favorable vote for House Bill 94 in the Insurance Committee:

“The passage of H.B. 94 by the House Insurance Committee indicates this body’s desire to protect the rights of Louisiana’s citizens from outrageous government intrusion into the most personal decisions of the lives of ordinary Americans. The government grab and diversion from democracy that is 'Obamacare' will not be allowed to intrude into Louisiana as the vote of the House Insurance Committee today proved. With the help of hard working Louisianans, we will move this bill through the Louisiana Legislature and on to the October ballot where the voters will finally be given a voice into their own health matters.”