[StBernard] Open House St. Bernard to be May 16

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 23 20:28:01 EDT 2010

Open House St. Bernard to be May 16

Businesses, Civic Groups, Industry invited to get a booth for event meant to
showcase parish's assets

In conjunction with our ongoing Celebrate St. Bernard Festivities, Parish
Government is organizing a St. Bernard Parish Open House Day sponsored in
part by the St. Bernard Chamber of Commerce on Sunday, May 16th from 1 to 4
p.m. on the St. Bernard Parish Complex grounds and Civic Center Grand Ball
Room.

We are inviting anyone who is interested in living, working or doing
business in St. Bernard Parish. The event will showcase our real estate
from affordable starter homes to residences of elegance in exclusive
neighborhoods. We will have the banking, insurance and construction
industries on hand to discuss the availability of mortgage loans, affordable
homeowner's insurance and new building prospects. Business and industry
in St. Bernard Parish will be available to discuss employment and new
business opportunities, as well as to showcase all that is presently
available in our Parish. The Parish Government, The Sheriff's Department,
the school system, Nunez Community College, as well as other education
institutions and even child care availability will be present to introduce
people to the quality of life that is available here in our beautiful
Parish. St. Bernard Parish businesses, industry and civic organizations
are all welcome to be part of the event. Participation booths cost $100
for those wishing to take part and sponsorships are available at the $1,000
level.

"We want people who are considering establishing their family or business in
the New Orleans Metropolitan area to come see what is available here in St.
Bernard. We will showcase all facets about our community in one
afternoon," says St. Bernard Parish Councilman, Mike Ginart, who is chairing
the event. Perspective residence and business partners can see what is
happening in our safe Parish from Government Services, recreation,
education, business climate and real estate, all available at one location.
Food will be available. Guests will be able to have a chance to win an
autographed Saints helmet.

Anyone interested in participating should Lenor Duplessis or Karen Bazile in
the President's office at (504) 278-4227.

###