[StBernard] Questions & Answers for St. Bernard Parish residents regarding the Oil Spill

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 7 22:29:52 EDT 2010

Questions & Answers for St. Bernard Parish residents regarding the Oil Spill

- Q: How do I find out if my name was called to go to work?

- A: Your name and rotation will be posted on the St. Bernard Parish
Government website near the information regarding the oil spill. It will
also be posted at the marina. The guards at the front of the marina will
also have a copy.

- Q: When is the next training class?

- A: The training classes will begin immediately. You will be called
and scheduled for the training classes. Those fishermen who have priority
for training first will be contacted first. The remaining volunteers will be
trained after that rotation of fisherman.

- Q: How and how much are we going to get paid?

- A: Fisherman should check with their boat captains who will be up
to date on this information.

- Q: My name was called for my boat to be used but I wasn't there,
what do I do?

- A: Show up to work on your appropriate rotation. If you don't show
up on time, you lose your day and may report the next day for work if the
next day is part of your rotation.

- Q: My name was called but I'm not on the list, what do I do?

- A: Submit your name, vessel name and length, draft and horse power
as well as St. Bernard resident address and phone number where you can be
reached to the St. Bernard Parish EOC at 504-258-4267. If after thorough
search, your name and rotation information cannot be confirmed, your name
will be put in the work rotation as appropriate.

- Q: I would like to register for hire to work in the disaster
effort, what do I do?

- A: Submit your name, vessel name and length, draft and horse power
as well as St. Bernard resident address and phone number where you can be
reached to the St. Bernard Parish EOC at 504-258-4267.

-

- Q: When and where can I get my HAZMAT card?