[StBernard] WE CAN THANK JANET

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 24 22:30:06 EDT 2010

Richard, I believe you're wrong about "paycheck size". Glenn is a good
Christian and family man whose position to grandstand started in radio,
before his fine position to be a spokesman for the conservatives came about.

He isn't a savior, but for the masses, he's a fantastic leader with good
ideas in a religious and our founder's tone.

The major problem with ""freedom to worship without fear of reprisal" has
been twisted overwhelmingly. Much to the idea that the founders worshipped a
greater order, a single Creator.

With time, came along "idols" that God warned us about--worshipping man,
Buddah's, statues, nature, devil worshipping, and of course now "nothing"
(aka atheism, communism, and other deities which are not based in a single
creator, but a made-up idol or holy man they believe will get everyone to a
Utopia--that NOT preached by the founding fathers, priests, ministers or men
of the cloth.

The further we get from the truth and the concepts laid out by our founding
fathers, the closer we get to secular damnation.

The problem is that it is easier NOT to believe in our Creator than it is to
believe in what we cannot see (in exception of His beautiful works).

Without faith in our Maker, there is little hope for life beyond or anything
through man-made and induced life without Him. I'm actually wondering where
many men and women believe they will end up after death?

The founders wanted religious freedoms of no particular belief (organized
religions to the state), not religious abstinence, void of a Maker with
pleasure of removal at some point to erode faith, values, and love for
mankind.

--jer--

John, I'm not sure where you derived the notion that I said Beck was against
Jesus; nothing in my post referred to that at all. The post I responded to
advocated discriminating against American citizens based on their religion,
and that we should watch Glen Beck in order to learn the truth.
On the other hand, the phrase "I'll be glad to end it" implies that you're
advocating a country where you have the ability to force people to your line
of thinking. Again, I'll pass. The America I grew up in was one where people
have the freedom to worship and think how they choose without fear of
reprisal.
If you believe Glen Beck is concerned about anything other than the size of
his paycheck, I'd say you are mistaken. Beck isn't a savior preaching truth;
he's a charlatan selling whatever snake oil people are willing to buy. But
hey, the fact that we live in the United States means we have the right to
speak our minds (at least for now).
Richard