[StBernard] Jindal: BP CEO Hayward's statements ''idiotic''

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 3 19:17:12 EDT 2010

Jindal: BP CEO Hayward's statements ''idiotic''

Chris Miller Reporting

After a flyover of the oil slick that hit Grand Isle and Barataria Bay
Thursday, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal laid into BP CEO Tony Hayward.

"It is amazing to me, the number of statements," Jindal said with some
exasperation in his voice, "the fact that he said that maybe there wasn't
that much oil, the fact that he said it was a big ocean, the fact that he
wasn't convinced there was any oil sub-sea."

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal on BP CEO Tony Hayward:
Listen: http://tinyurl.com/3xrpofq

Jindal said he didn't know if Hayward resigning would make any difference,
if his replacement isn't better in touch with the situation.

"I'd like him to come and personally talk to these fishermen and women who
can't go out today. I'd like to him to come and talk to the marina owners
who have empty slips and empty rooms. This should be their busiest time of
the year."

Jindal said whoever's in charge of BP to own up to their responsibility, and
that means more than just writing a check.