[StBernard] AGENDA

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 16 09:33:47 EDT 2010

Dear Friends -

It has now been more than 12 weeks since the oil began gushing from the sea
and flowing towards our fragile coastal wetlands. During my time on the
coast during this disaster the questions I am asked are often the same: Will
Louisiana ever be the same? Will our communities and our families triumph
over this catastrophe? Will we still be Sportsmen's Paradise? The answer
is simply - Yes.

<http://app7.publicaster.com/ImageLibrary/account848/images/Jindal_Girl_7-15
-10b.jpg> There is not a doubt in my mind that the resilience of our people
will allow us to recover and restore our coast and wetlands to be more
plentiful than ever before. I am convinced of this because I know
Louisiana. Together we rebuilt after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and again
after Hurricanes Gustav and Ike. In the face of adversity our people have
always risen to the challenge and we will do so again.

Our work is far from over and as I told WAFB
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c150%7c9390&digest
=Dtzik3Z%2fH3TbvAQzejFtVQ> , it doesn't end when BP caps the leak. It
doesn't end when the oil is gone from the surface. We won't stop fighting
for our coast until every drop of oil is removed and our way of life is
restored to the way it was before this spill. Let there be no doubt - we
will be restored and we will be revitalized.

I recently outlined an Agenda for Revitalizing Louisiana, which as the New
Orleans Times-Picayune
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c151%7c9390&digest
=IsASBx3Cnnhtoy3vZxKHLw> wrote, calls for the "implementation of a
compressive coastal restoration plan, a certification process to reopen
waters for commercial and recreations fishing, an end to the deepwater
drilling moratorium and accountability on the part of BP in paying the full
restoration of Louisiana's affected ecosystem."

The Heritage Foundation
<http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c152%7c9390&digest
=ePAsmhGhDPP183gnMjf6bQ> noted that our "wide-ranging" and "ambitious" plan
comes at a "critical time," and sends a clear message that "Louisiana isn't
going to rest until the coast is fully restored and its citizens are back to
work." They're absolutely right. Each of these measures is crucial to
winning the war against the oil that threatens our way of life in Louisiana
and our bountiful natural resources.

It seems like just a few months ago when Louisianians rejoiced at the New
Orleans Saints' victory. We were all inspired by the struggles and devotion
of Who Dat Nation as the Saints emerged victorious from the Super Bowl. Just
as the Saints bounced back with a comprehensive recipe for success, so too
will our state recover from this oil spill by achieving many of the goals
outlined in our Agenda for Revitalizing Louisiana. Our success is riding on
a team effort from everyone involved in our recovery from the spill and
every Louisianian's unwavering dedication to maintaining our unique and
wonderful Louisiana Way of Life.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal