[StBernard] Important - Express Your Thoughts To The Commission

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 16 09:27:49 EDT 2010

This is being forwarded to you from the Gulf Economic Survival Team

The National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and
Deepwater Drilling wrapped up its first meeting in New Orleans on Tuesday,
and our pleas to save our jobs have made a lasting impression on members of
the panel. According to news reports, the co-chairmen of the commission
said that the testimony they've heard about the economic fallout of
President Obama's drilling moratorium has convinced them to press the
administration for a quicker resumption of safe offshore oil exploration.
"I come to this experience with a much greater sense of the economic
dislocation being experienced here than I had three days ago," before the
commission began hearings in New Orleans, former EPA chief William Reilly
said at a Tuesday news conference.

BUT WE CANNOT STOP NOW!

The Commission is now accepting written comments about the moratorium
and its impacts on your business, family and community. If you were unable
to give public comment during the Commission meeting in New Orleans, please
consider sending your comments to:

National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
c/o Christopher A. Smith, Designated Federal Officer
U.S. Department of Energy
1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20585
E-mail: BPDeepwaterHorizonCommission at hq.doe.com
Fax: (202) 586-6221

We must help Commissioners understand the devastating economic impacts
of the moratorium and urge them to swiftly implement safety measures to get
Louisiana's Energy Coast back to work in weeks and not months! Thank you
for your support. Please forward this on to to everyone you know!

Scott A. Angelle
Louisiana Lieutenant Governor