[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish president's salary to jump almost 40 percent in 2012

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 27 19:40:23 EDT 2010

Parish Council Chairman Wayne Landry said he believes the raise was
prudent
in order to bring St. Bernard's presidential salary more in line
with
surrounding parishes and to attract qualified candidates who might
otherwise
be put off by the compensation.

"Whoever is in the president's seat and can do that job, it's
certainly
worth more than $70,000," Landry said. "I know some people think
that you
should be doing it for the good of government, but you want to
attract
someone who has the qualifications to do that job and who can put
the parish
in the best position as possible. They're not going to put their own
career
on hold to come and take a lot less money for four years."

I think ole Wayne is trying to get it set up possibly for himself in 2012.

Just my opinion of course.