[StBernard] Claiborne Avenue expressway demolition gets support in report

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 27 19:50:17 EDT 2010

Jer-we are in agreement on this.

I remember as young child that part of the city. My aunt and uncle and
cousins lived on North Rampart right around or off of McShane place (?)

I think my aunt and uncle were in a double. We kids would play on the
street and go to the corner grocery stores and there was Clesi's (?)
pharmacy in the neighborhood. We went to the Circle food store...remember
it well. My uncle worked at the sugar refinery and would take the bus to
work and back.

But those were days of the past...they no longer exist and tearing down the
elevated I-10 won't bring them back. Someone (more than one?) is looking
through eyes fogged by nostalgia and not the current reality.

JY