[StBernard] Mosque at Ground Zero - Slap in Face to Americans

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Aug 16 07:52:58 EDT 2010

As many of you may know, there is a heated debate going on in New York City and across the country about a potential mosque being built right near the ground zero location in Manhattan by organizers with radical ties.

President Obama’s support of building the mosque at Ground Zero is a slap in the face to the American people and I’ve demanded that President Obama reverse his position.

Charlie Melancon's silence on the issue is troubling to Louisiana families. But, we should not be surprised. Melancon endorsed President Obama, gave him an A grade and now is eerily quiet as Obama thumbs his nose at the American people on this important issue.

Americans will never forget the pain and anguish of September 11, 2001.

In my opinion, the prospect of a mosque right near this site of reverence and respect for lost loved ones from the attack shows a serious lack of sensitivity.In fact, the majority of the country is strongly opposed to building a mosque at the site of the most tragic terrorist attack on America.

I will continue to demmand President Obama to reverse his support on this, especially out of respect to those who lost loved ones on September 11. It's ridiculous that my opponent, Charlie Melancon, refuses to join in me in calling on Obama to reverse his support.

Sincerely,

David Vitter