[StBernard] ST. BERNARD BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL WOMEN'S CLUB CELEBRATES 50TH MAN AND WOMAN OF THE YEAR: President Craig Taffaro and State Rep. Nita Rusich Hutter to be honored Oct. 20

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 8 08:30:39 EDT 2010

ST. BERNARD BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL WOMEN'S CLUB CELEBRATES 50TH MAN AND
WOMAN OF THE YEAR

St. Bernard Parish President Craig P. Taffaro, Jr. and Louisiana State
Representative Nita Rusich Hutter to be honored Oct. 20

The 50th Man and Woman of the Year for St. Bernard Parish have been named by
the members of the St. Bernard Business and Professional Women's Club.
"Since 1961 the members of our club have chosen two individuals from the
community who exemplify the qualities of leadership, community service, and
dedication to the people of St. Bernard Parish," said club president, Lauren
Gibson. This year's honorees are St. Bernard Parish President Craig P.
Taffaro, Jr. and Louisiana State Representative Nita Rusich Hutter. The
gala affair, which is the club's signature event during National Business
Women's Week, will be held Wednesday, October 20, 2010 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
at the Fred Sigur Civic Center Ballroom at 8245 West Judge Perez Drive in
Chalmette.

"For our golden anniversary, in addition to the achievements of our notable
honorees, President Taffaro and Representative Hutter, we are celebrating
all 100 men and women who have received the titles. One of our charter
members, BPW past president, Mrs. Olga Dugas, is locating our previous
honorees because we will have a special tribute to them at our gala. Past
men and women of the year are asked to contact Dugas at 985-624-7740 or send
an email to olgadugas at yahoo.com ," says Deborah Keller, chair of the event.
The social will begin at 6 p.m. with a salute to the past honorees, followed
by the formal dinner and program to recognize the achievements of President
Taffaro and Representative Hutter.

Tickets are $50 per person, payable only by check to St. Bernard BPW, and
must be purchased in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door.

Tickets will be available starting September 7 at Balli Gallery
(504-279-7338) at 1201 East Judge Perez Drive in Chalmette between 10 a.m.
and 6 p.m. Monday thru Saturday, and at the Petrucelli Law Office
(985-867-8966) at 206 South Tyler Street, Suite B in Covington between 9
a.m. and 3 p.m. (closed during lunch hour) Monday through Friday. Seating is
limited and the deadline for purchasing is October 15th. For those unable
to obtain tickets in person, tickets may also be purchased through alternate
arrangements with BPW treasurer, Suzanne Sweeney at 504-908-3023 or email to
suzannes at cox.net . Tables of 8 to 10 are available for groups.

Sponsorships are available this year. "Since many businesses want to be a
part of our 50th celebration of the Man and Woman of the Year, BPW is
offering sponsorships for the first time. Proceeds from the event will
assist us in providing our many programs to the community and our gala is
another event that celebrates St. Bernard Parish's historic past and
promising future," says Keller. For information on sponsorship, which
includes tickets, contact Keller at 504-473-3470 or kellerd at portno.com
<mailto:kellerd at portno.com> by October 1 .